Friday 15 April 2011

Deer Cave, Malaysia

I arrived at the airport at 10:00 in the morning. I was tired but excited. I was going to Deer Cave in Malaysia!.

When I got to Malaysia I checked in to a hotel. It was very different to hotels in England.Then I caught a plane to Deer Cave. It was really noisy. As we hovered over Deer Cave I saw how big it was and how beautiful.


When I got off the plane the guide showed me the bats. He said there is about 5 million, it was so amazing the whole ceiling of the cave was covered in them. They were all screeching at each other. All of the floor was covered in bat poo and cockroaches. It was quite disgusting but the smell wasn't bad. It smelt sweet because bats it sweet fruit.

Then the guide asked if I wanted to do some caving I said OK. I didn't go very high because I wasn't allowed but it was still amazing. I asked the guide before I left "Why is it called Deer Cave" He said it is called Deer Cave because of the deer that came to the entrance of the Cave to lick salt off the rocks.

I went back to my hotel. I had a great day and I wish I could go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment